From: Lisa Harvey <email @ redacted>
To: Mary Donovan <email @ redacted>; "email @ redacted"
<email @ redacted>; "email @ redacted"
<email @ redacted>
Sent: Tue, June 28, 2011 8:01:20 AM
Subject: Re: [IPp] Flying with cold insulin

Mary,
We travel frequently with insulin pens and vials and always put them in our
carryon luggage in a small soft cooler with a freezer pack (you never know if
your check-on luggage will get there). We have never had a problem with
security
in doing this. Always carry a letter from his doctor stating that he has Type
1
Diabetes and will need to carry his supplies with him on the plane, just in
case
he is questioned.
Congratulations to your son for his internship!  That's exciting!
Lisa
Mom of Alex, 17, dx '08, pumping since '09 Omnipod
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T