 From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Tracy Winsor
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 5:37 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] CGMS for young ones

My understanding is that none of them are approved for children that age.
That is one issue the insurance comps have when denying CGMS for young
children.  The flip side of which is that the FDA did not approve novolog
for children that age until this past spring.  I was never told that as a
mother who child was on it since diagnosis at age 2, and AETNA never
noticed.

I was once told that the greatest risk to young children with T1 is
treatment with insulin as they cannot detect and communicate low blood
sugars.  Relative to CGMS, you would think that would really help us.

Tracy