RE: [IPp] Pumps and amusement parks

This is what we have persistently heard on  pump
lists, but our CDE and Smiths Medical told us they had
never heard that.  The first summer after Dan got his
pump I made him take it off and I held it while he
went on the big rides.  I stood in line with him and
he unclipped it just before he got on.  The ride lasts
2 minutes, the line lasts 45 minutes, so he couldn't
have it off the whole time.It was a huge pain and he
ended up with very high bgs.

Since then, he has done a couple of different Great
Americas and Cedar Point and has left the pump on
without any problems.  My only caveat is to make sure
it is securely clipped on or put into a pocket with a
button or something.  The only thing I worry about is
that it will fall off.

Mary
Mom of Chris, 25, Carrie, 21, Dan, 17 dx 01 pumping
cozmo 03, aunt and guardian of Mike, 21, wife of Jim
--- "Erickson, Morgan [FIN]"