From: Beverly P White <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [IPp] Allergic to insulin

Mary had been on humalog for nearly four years when she started pumping and
then after a few months if memory serves, she started the problems......seems
like it was around the site area........I am sorry but it has been six+
years.......it sure couldn't hurt to change to Novolog though to see........I
was told it was not that rare for it to happen and it was the binder that
made
the difference when infused.........

  Bev

jackie shanahan <email @ redacted> wrote:
  Thanks Beverly for responding. Could you tell me what the rash looked like?
My son has a rash that the doctors cannot explain and it will not go away and
his BG #'s have been high(300's) so the thought of insulin allergy entered my
mind because I have heard of it before. The only thing that confuses me is he
has been on humolog for almost 2 years with no problem. I guess the body can
change, but just like that, all of a sudden?
Jackie