RE: [IPp] Pumps and amusement parks

>From the Animas website FAQ.

What precautions do I need to follow at an amusement park ride with my pump?

Very powerful electromagnets are sometimes used on "free-fall" amusement
park rides. Insulin pumps should be removed and not taken on these
"free-fall" types of rides.

High gravity forces can be experienced when riding on some roller coasters.
It is recommended that you disconnect (NOT suspend) the pump while on
roller-coaster rides.

Richard
Dad to Kimberly, age 13, dx 08/02, pumping Animas since 12/02, 1000, 1250,
now looking at 2020 upgrade.

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Maureen
Hennessy
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:11 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] Pumps and amusement parks

Does anyone have advice on pumps and amusement parks?  My daughter is
going to Cedar Point next week with the 8th graders at her middle
school.  I thought I heard somewhere that you had to take it off on
certain rides.  Any advice would be great!

Maureen
Mom to Mary, age 13, dx 6/05, pumping animas since 4/06