[IPp] RE: Omnipod

I have a question for Omnipod users. My 11 year old started using the Omnipod
in Feb of this year. We switched from the Cozmo. She really likes it, as she
was tired of wearing a fanny pack all the time. Anyway, we have had some
problems, especially when swimming every day, that the tape on one side starts
to tear and pull away from her skin. It is always the side opposite the
insertion site that pulls away and starts to tear. I hate to lose a pod so
often and was wondering if anyone had found a way to make it stick a little
better and not pull away and tear. That is the only thing I don't like, that
you can't remove it for swimming and sports, but otherwise it has worked fine
and she states she likes it better because she has no tubing to worry about.
Thanks for any input. Rebecca Schirle, mother to Lynnea 11, dx
1/29/2003Temple, TX