Re: [IPp] duration of insulin action

Hi Debbie,
We have the Animas pump and it also has the IOB (insulin on board) feature.
Insulin's do vary in duration time.  we use novolog and that is suppose to
last about 2-1/2 to 3 hours. However, I have 2 diabetics girls and they are
both set differently.    Sarah's is set at 2-1/2 hour, because of the
problem you are having but through out the day,  and Rebekah is set at 4
hours.

I do not know if it will help but I  look at several
things......................

 I had Rebekah nose diving when doing corrections in the evening and during
the night . I set her ISF number higher so the pump would  give a lower
correction at for that time frame.

So I guess my first question:  is that the only time you have a problem with
the bg coming down or is it through out the day also?  If that is the only
time of the day does your pump have that kind of feature that you could do
the opposite of us and set your ISF lower so the pump gives a larger
correction? or if the problem is 24 hours/day then like my Sarah I would
change the IOB down a hour like you doctor suggested.

The last thought is what about the bolus for supper should that be
increased?

Deb, mom to Sarah 12  Rebekah 10 dx 4-1/2 yrs pumping 2-1/2 yrs
& Madalynn 15 Catharine 8