Re: [IPp] Camp/pump died/emergency supplies

 Our endo has started giving all his pumpers an Rx for Lantus and urges them to
keep a vial on hand at all times. You just never know what may happen. I think
it's good advice. You may never need it but it's nice to have if/when you do.

 You can give humalog or novolog every 2-3hrs (maybe even up to 4 if you're
monitoring bgs and ketones closely) around the clock if need be so a few
syringes in the diabetes bag would be good (you can draw the insulin out of the
pump cartridge or tubing if need be.)

  Take care, Kerri - proud mom of 8 in western OR :)
http://www.myspace.com/txgrits1965
 "Work hard, live simply, give liberally, save wisely." - John Coblentz,
Christian Family Living

Cathy said:
Our doc recommended having Lantus around all the time in case of a pump
malfunction.