From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Nicole
Thompson
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 4:06 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Camp next week!

 My daughter has gone the last 3 years, she just got back today from 1 of 2
 camps for this summer. She loves it but I have to say, I am not as thrilled
with
them. It is nice that there are plenty of people there that know how to handle
an emergency but the camps she has gone to don't seem to care much about the
highs.

  Every year I go through the same thing.....my husband and I are fanatics about
keeping her sugars under control....and every year they reduce her insulin
intake by like 20%!!!! Even after I persist that she is an extremely active
child! This past week she had a reading that even the meter couldn't
read....just said HI, a couple in the 400's, and quite a few in the 200 &
300's!!

  But, I guess the overall experience and independence it provides the kids is a
good thing. Good luck!

Mark & Kristen Bridgeman <email @ redacted> wrote:

My son went to camp a couple weeks ago, and I have never felt that he was so
safe. If it is a Diabetes Camp he is probably safer than he is with you,
because the staff have seen it all.....enjoy your time off!
Kristen

--
Kristen - mom of Katie (14), Joe (12) and Will (10, dxd 3/05, pumping Cosmo
since 1/06!!)