Re: [IPp] Your thoughts please....

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Cheryl wrote:

>  I would say maybe the high temps??  I know Stephanie has had a normal BS
> and one time last summer it was about 100 degrees out and we were walking
> around, she said she felt sick to her stomach.  We got something cool to
> drink, got her cooled down and she was fine.  May not have had anything to
> do with Diabetes, perhaps just the intense heat.

Might have been dehydration / heat stroke. It happens to people not used
to the heat, particularly if your sodium levels fall a bit. I grew up in
the where the temps were ovten 110 in the shade and it was essential to
be well hydrated and have good electrolyte balance. Claminess, upset
stomach, etc... are symptoms of heat stroke. It can be quite dangerous if
not treated promptly. Basically the body loses it's ability to regulate
temperature and things quickly begin to go awry. Plenty of lemonade,
gatorade, etc.... with a pinch of salt will prevent the problem if that's
what it was.

Michael