[IPp] Re: Summer Camp

I had to read your letter twice, because I couldn't really believe that you
would send such a young child with diabetes to camp and just expect everything
to be taken care of.

This is just a day camp you are talking about right?  My daughter is now 12,
pumping over five years, diabetes for over 9 years and this is the first
summer that I would even consider letting her do that sort of thing.  She is
very intelligent, responsible, and mature for her age.  But when a low
happens, brain function is impaired.

You are setting yourself up for some possible very bad outcomes, if not now,
in the future.  You need to take responsibility yourself for your child's
health.

In my opinion, this is not discrimination on the camp's part, but common
sense.

Barbara, mum of Claire 12