[IPp] Summer Camp

I signed up my daughter (4.5) to a new camp this summer, (for 1 week).
 Obviously, I told them that she had diabetes and wore a pump.  I
informed them that she would have to be tested and observed, while she
pumped herself.  She can currently test herself as well, but it's
easier if someone else does it.

Anyway, there seem to be no problem.  The head of the camp requested a
letter from her doctor basically stating that it was ok for her to
attend.  The endo provided the letter with no issues, it was basically
a form letter as this is a common request.  After receiving the letter
the camp called with some serious reservation about letting her
attend.  I read the letter and it clearly was a bit scary for someone
who is not well informed about diabetes.  It basically lists the worse
case scenarios, e.g. the pump breaks, keytones, urine testing,
seizures, glucogon, convulsions and vomiting, etc.

At first I was very upset with the camp.  I spoke with them several
times today and tried to reach an agreement that everyone would be
happy with.  I will now on a daily basis go to the camp before lunch
and test her myself.

I also suggested that the camp call the endo directly so that they
could find out that while possible, the above is the exception.

I am now signing special release forms and testing her so that she
could attend the camp just like any other regular kid.

The whole incident was a bit depressing and gave me a clue as to the
uphill battles our children face and the likely discrimination they
will be subjected to.

What is your opinion, should letters from endos include all the scary
details?  In the past for other schools and camps I have created a
document that describes diabetes and insulin, hypo and hyperglycemia
their signs and testing.