From: Beverly P White
Date: 06/07/06 11:03:24
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Cracked Pump

Yes, Animas will warrant that....just give them a call.......
  Bev........mom to Mary who swims and showers regularly with her Animas
pump

"Erickson, Morgan [FIN]" <email @ redacted> wrote:
  Since the Animas pump is supposed to be waterproof, I keep trying to get
my wife to let my daughter wear it in the pool. She always says no
since it costs so much money, but I tell her that if it fails the
waterproof test, Animas will just replace it.

My wife is out of town this week so I decided to let Allie wear it in
the pool. Being diligent, I checked it for cracks before hand and, lo
and behold, I found one. Where the battery cover screws in, the casing
is cracked where it is thinnest.

I assume that this is enough to let water in.

Is this a crack that would warrant Animas sending a replacement, or is
this our fault and our responsibility?

Morgan
Father to Allie.
5 Years Old. Dx'd 12/9/2002, pumping Animas since 2/2/2004
IR1000 2/2/2004 - 8/25/2004
IR1200 8/25/2004 - 1/16/2006
IR1200+ (1250) 1/16/2006 - Present

Beverly

  Art classes/seminars/camps, pet, child, adult portraits, murals,
hand-painted
glass and wood, handmade purses, rugs and blankets
www.parsonwhitestudios.com
..

classic_border03.jpg]

imstp_heads_en.gif]