[IPp] Cracked Pump

Since the Animas pump is supposed to be waterproof, I keep trying to get
my wife to let my daughter wear it in the pool.  She always says no
since it costs so much money, but I tell her that if it fails the
waterproof test, Animas will just replace it.

My wife is out of town this week so I decided to let Allie wear it in
the pool.  Being diligent, I checked it for cracks before hand and, lo
and behold, I found one.  Where the battery cover screws in, the casing
is cracked where it is thinnest.

I assume that this is enough to let water in.

Is this a crack that would warrant Animas sending a replacement, or is
this our fault and our responsibility?

Morgan
 Father to Allie.
5 Years Old.  Dx'd 12/9/2002, pumping Animas since 2/2/2004
IR1000 2/2/2004 - 8/25/2004
IR1200 8/25/2004 - 1/16/2006
IR1200+ (1250) 1/16/2006 - Present