Re: [IPp] New to Animas Pump

> My daughter Carly, who is 10, was diagnosed July 27, 2005, and has been
> using the Animas pump for about 3 weeks.  This morning she hit the wall.
> We have been testing at midnight, 3 am and 6 am.  She was exhausted and
> didn't want to get up for school.  As much as I try and test without her
> waking up, she does.  How long does night time testing last?

Unfortunately it takes "as long as it takes". I would suggest a
different strategy though.

Try checking every four hours. Skip a night, check every four hours
again, but offset by two hours from the previous run. You will have
satisfactory data when bg's are good at bed time, good in the morning
and you have DUPLICATED the results at least once for each test run.
This should result in a data set where you have data points every two
hours that have been duplicated so you know the curve they represent is
reasonable. The bg numbers don't have to be the same, but the
difference between points on a give night should be the same as the
difference on other nights. i.e. if you adjust the baseline, the point
should all be more or less on the same curve.

If while doing this you find a consistent deviation, adjust ONE thing
and start over.

Also, are you seeing high bg's soon after she goes to sleep?? If so,
there is another strategy to deal with that.

Michael