Re: [IPp] RE: Alternate Site Testing

I agree with all you said.  But I wanted to clarify that it depends what you
mean by "true" BG.  I believe AST reflects more accurately the BG the brain
would be experiencing, but this lags 5-10 minutes behind finger pokes which,
really if you think about it, is a really lucky thing for all of us.

I have seen this first hand.  My daughter had a BG of 35 (!!!) recently.
She felt crappy, for sure, but after I had started treating her, about five
minutes later, she felt WAY worse (probably as that extra low BG affected
her glucose level in the brain).  She was moaning like she wanted to die.
It was horrible!  10-15 minutes later she seemed way better.

Anyway, just thought I would add that.

-Natalie

--
Mama to 4 wonderful children
Andrea Jean 4/99 - dx 1/28/03, pumping Cozmo 10/2/03 - diluted H (U50)