RE: [IPp] Re: Blood Glucose Monitors

You don't have to use it on the arm.  It's great for fingers, too.  You don't
need so much blood, so you can use the lancet on the lower settings.  My
daughter had a heart attack when I tried to use the Precision Xtra on her
finger.  I was shocked at how much more blood you need.  We've always used the
Freestyle.  I think you should ask the hospital again, and promise to do a
recheck on a finger if you suspect a low.  A lot of us do that, and I really
think it's less - um - bloody :)

Mom to Madeline 8, Austin 7, Emma 4 dx 10/9/02, Abigail 2, Genevieve & Gracie 1

We use the precision X-tra.    Wanted to switch to the FreeStyle
last year, but with all the problems Zachary has with seizures
from lows the hospital forbid it.    They said arm readings
are never accurate for lows and it would be too dangerous.

 Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (13 1/2, Dx 2/93, 508 2/02, Paradigm
 8/16/02, and now ANIMAS IR1000 3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to Jennifer (turning
21 this summer), Allison (18), Rachel (7) Fenton, MO email @ redacted