[IPp] Re:Blood Glucose Monitors

In a message dated 23/06/2003 8:03:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> am going to switch to either the One Touch Ultra or the Precision
> Xtra, I
> am wondering who out there uses these meters and what your comments on each
> are.

What is really nice about the Ultra, aside from the obvious things like 5
 second countdown and relatively small amount of blood, is the carrying case. It
is soft and pliable.  Compact, yet has enough room for meter, strips, lancing
device, a few extra lancets, pencil, scraps of paper, two extra batteries for
our H-tron pump, battery changing tool, extra meter battery, and about 20
carbs worth of dextrose sweeties!  And it isn't even stuffed with all these
 things. Our Ultra is dead-on accurate with the lab, have tested it several

Recently we have begun using the Freestyle at home.  We were getting tired of
lots of error codes with the Ultra.  But it is too big and bulky for carrying
around.  I also find it a cumbersome meter to use.  Claire prefers to only
use her fingers and it has worked quite well for us, so far.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9