Re: [IPp] Alternative Site Testing with Freestyle

My six yr. old daughter is also on the pump and uses the Freestyle.  We rub
her arm and and the apply light pressure with the lancet.  It takes longer for
the arm to bleed, so use the clear cap and just wait for the blood to come.
 We also use the # 5 dial setting for her arm rather than the #2 dial setting we
use on her fingers.
Also if you are concerned your daughter may be hypoglycemic, don't use her
arm, only her fingers, the results are more accurate during hypo times.