RE: [IPp] Alternative Site Testing with Freestyle

 We test frequently as well and use the FreeStyle meter. We alternate between
both forearms and the legs (calf area). Both testing sights are very easy to
obtain blood samples.

Sandra Winkworth <email @ redacted> wrote:

Like I said earlier, I use the Freestyle and love the minimal amount of
blood. I would love to use the arm. My daughters on the pump so we need
to test numerous time a day. But, she doesn't like using the arm and I
have a real hard time getting any blood out of it. Any suggestions????

>From: "Catherine Schulz" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: RE: [IPp] Blood
Glucose Monitors >Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:45:26 -0700 > >Insulin
Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions. >Your
donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest >of the
diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > Not the Precision Xtra!!
I got one of those from my insurance company. (I just > use it for the
blood ketone feature.) It requires LOTS of blood, too. We use a
>Therasense Freestyle and love it to death 'cause it takes hardly any
blood at >all. Even the One Touch Ultra seems like a lot of blood
compared to the >Freestyle. Also, we almost never check Emma on the
finger any more, unless >she's low. She wants us to always use her arm.
Since you don't need much >blood, we don't have to squeeze her arm so
much and leave bruises. > >Catherine >Mom to Madeline 8, Austin 7, Emma 4
dx 10/9/02, Abigail 2, Genevieve & Gracie 1 > > >-----Original
Message----- >From: email @ redacted
>[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted >Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:04 AM >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Blood Glucose
Monitors > > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible
contributions. Your >donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per
month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and
the rest of the >diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >I was recently given an
Accu Chek Compact meter, the one that has the test >strips in the
drum...well, it is horrible for a small child, it needs way too >much
blood, takes forever to count down with the results. Now here is my >
question. I am going to switch to either the One Touch Ultra or the
Precision >Xtra, I am wondering who out there uses these meters and what
your comments on >each >are. >Thanks so much >Sarah :) Mom to Matthew (6)
MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99 and >Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My