Re: [IPp] Blood Glucose Monitors

We use the One Touch Ultra-Smart, newest meter from Lifescan.
We used the One Touch Ultra for several years and just got the Ultra-Smart.
They are both very small -take 5 seconds to get results, require very
little blood,
which gets sucked onto the strip.  If you don't get enough blood - it
will alert you
to that fact. (old meters used to just read a low number when you didn't
get enough blood
which is scary and frustrating!)  You can also test fingers or forearm
with this meter.
It also has a wonderful memory - so you can track your numbers - but you
can also add
carb info for meals as well as how much you bolus at meals etc.
It is not very expensive - and the strips for the newest Ultrasmart are
the same as for the
One Touch Ultra.  Rachel likes the small size, especially when she has
to "drag" her supplies
and a few snacks for lows with her wherever she goes!  Good luck!

Cathy, Mom to Rachel, 11, dx diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02, pumping since 10/02