RE: [IPp] Alternative Site Testing with Freestyle

 When I wasn't getting enough blood, I used to just press the lancet really hard
on his arm. Then I found a much easier way. I now set the lancet just enough to
pierce the skin. Then I re-cock the device, put it back over the needle mark,
and press down WITHOUT shooting the lancet off again. The pressure right around
the needle mark draws the blood up. I found that out by accident, and now it's
the only way I do it. When Ryan describes how to do it to people, he
automatically re-cocks and presses it down on his arm again.

-Donna

Sandra Winkworth <email @ redacted> wrote:

Like I said earlier, I use the Freestyle and love the minimal amount of
blood. I would love to use the arm. My daughters on the pump so we need
to test numerous time a day. But, she doesn't like using the arm and I
have a real hard time getting any blood out of it. Any suggestions????

>From: "Catherine Schulz" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: RE: [IPp] Blood
Glucose Monitors >Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:45:26 -0700 > >Insulin
Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions. >Your
donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest >of the
diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > Not the Precision Xtra!!
I got one of those from my insurance company. (I just > use it for the
blood ketone feature.) It requires LOTS of blood, too. We use a
>Therasense Freestyle and love it to death 'cause it takes hardly any
blood at >all. Even the One Touch Ultra seems like a lot of blood
compared to the >Freestyle. Also, we almost never check Emma on the
finger any more, unless >she's low. She wants us to always use her arm.
Since you don't need much >blood, we don't have to squeeze her arm so
much and leave bruises. > >Catherine >Mom to Madeline 8, Austin 7, Emma 4
dx 10/9/02, Abigail 2, Genevieve & Gracie 1 > > >-----Original
Message----- >From: email @ redacted
>[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted >Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:04 AM >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Blood Glucose
Monitors > > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible
contributions. Your >donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per
month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and
the rest of the >diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >I was recently given an
Accu Chek Compact meter, the one that has the test >strips in the
drum...well, it is horrible for a small child, it needs way too >much
blood, takes forever to count down with the results. Now here is my >
question. I am going to switch to either the One Touch Ultra or the
Precision >Xtra, I am wondering who out there uses these meters and what
your comments on >each >are. >Thanks so much >Sarah :) Mom to Matthew (6)
MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99 and >Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My