Re: [IPp] Blood Glucose Monitors

Personally, I like the Freestyle.   I've gotten many complimentary
monitors and as far as I'm concerned all of them require too much
blood.   I have a problem sometimes getting enough blood from my
daughter, so therefore, I like the Freestyle because I need less pricks
to her  fingers.

Also BD just came out with a new meter.  I've got a complimentary one
coming this week.  That also requires a very little sample.  I'll see how
I like that.    The Freestyle and the new BD are the two meters that
requires the least amount of blood.

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Blood Glucose
Monitors >Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:04:17 EDT > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10,
$25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin
Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes
community. Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> >I was recently given an Accu Chek Compact meter, the one that has the
test >strips in the drum...well, it is horrible for a small child, it
needs way too >much blood, takes forever to count down with the results.
Now here is my > question. I am going to switch to either the One Touch
Ultra or the Precision >Xtra, I >am wondering who out there uses these
meters and what your comments on each >are. >Thanks so much >Sarah :) Mom
to Matthew (6) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99 and >Victoria (8)
Non-D...Love My kids!