[IPp] Re: Nicole Briand profile

Larry Briand <email @ redacted> wrote:

>>Pumping results & effect-Negative(listed in most important):
3. Inconvenience of wearing the pump as a permanent body part.
Nicole as yet does not mind it at all.<<

Hi Larry,

My 16 y/o son, Noah, started pump therapy in June 1999 at the age of
12.  His biggest concern was having something attached 24/7.  It only
took him about three days to adjust to it.  I just asked him recently
if he ever felt the need for a break from having the pump attached
all the time, and his reply was, "No, it doesn't feel right when I'm
not wearing it."  In his four years of pumping, he's only had to go
back to injections twice for 1-2 days each time so he knows what it
feels like unattached.  I wonder if part of the sense of "not feeling
right" has to do with loving the freedoms and conveniences the pump
has allowed him and knowing that his blood sugars are so much better
with pumping which translates to making his life easier and much more

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99