Re: [IPp] Site change Help!!!!

If I thought that the catheter was too close to the surface of the skin, then
I would be afraid that the insulin was not being absorbed efficiently.  I
 don't use the inserter on my daughter because she is scared of it. I am always
very careful to hold the needle at 45 degrees and have not had any problems at
this angle.  Some people say that they can feel a tingling sensation when the
insulin is going in if the site is too close to the surface.  If the blood
sugars are OK, I would leave it until you are due to change it again.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, dx Aug 2001, pumping since Nov 2002