Re: [IPp] Questions regarding basals

In a message dated 6/17/2003 6:18:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am wondering if I should just hardly give any basal from midnight
> to 3 am, when he is active.  He is getting a .3 basal right now from
> midnight to 3 am.

With lows two nights in a row, I'd definitely lower those basals on exercise
nights -- I think that the Cozmo allows you to pre-program multiple basal
 profiles, so you should be able to set one up and switch to it for those

Delayed lows from exercise is very common -- the amount and timing of the
delay varies by person, and oftentimes by type of exercise and duration  (also
 whether it's a competitive game or just a practice can make a difference) . . .

This is one big reason my I wish the pump companies would create a feature
 for a *time delayed* temporary basal . . . We use temp basals a lot to manage
daughters BG levels relative to exercise (she doesn't like to "have" to eat
during or close to exercise) and to be able at the end of basketball practice
 to just set a -30% basal that STARTS in three hours and lasts for an hour and a
half (for example) would be great.

Pumpmama to Katie (12) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since