[IPp] Questions regarding basals

We've been pumping for about 2 months and loving it!!  Using the Cozmo but I
have a question about basals.  (Don't we all?)

I realize every child is different but when my son is very active his basal
needs change drastically in the middle of the night.  I am wondering if
there is any kind of typical pattern for children.  What I am seeing is from
around midnight to 3 a.m. the sugars fall about 100 points.  Our endo. told
us when he was active to lower the basal rates from 10 pm. to 8 am about .2
tenths.  We have done this and the last two nights after being quite active
he was 43 at 3 a.m. and 70 at 3 a.m.  His midnight sugars are good.  We gave
juice both times and he was okay at 8 am.  Is there a trick to this 3 am
drop?   I am wondering if I should just hardly give any basal from midnight
to 3 am, when he is active.  He is getting a .3 basal right now from
midnight to 3 am.

This list is helpful and I appreciate all the others who are dealing with
the same day to day concerns.

Debbie Crawford
email @ redacted
Mom to Kendall, age 10, dx'd 11/99, pumping since April, 2003, Cozmo and to
Kristin, age 16 and Kelsey, age 13, non-type 1's