[IPp] Glucowatch

Dear All,
  My daughter is now wearing the glucowatch!  It took months to get it (not
because of my insurance company, but because of the glucowatch people) and
then another few months for her to wear it.  It tingles on the arm during
the two hour warm up period, as if your arm is asleep, and Jess could not
get used to it.
  Finally, her daddy (my wonderful husband) put his foot down and told her
she had no choice but to wear it, her blood sugars were out of control and
we had to change her basal rates.  We wanted to make it precise!
  She complained for the first two hours, but then the tingling went away
once the watch was calibrated.  (I now put it on her while she is asleep to
avoid her whinning during the warm up period)  I just want to tell you all
that this watch is wonderful!
  I get a blood sugar reading every 10 minutes for 13 hours.  Occasionally
it will say SKIP, but I won't complain about that.  The watch is fairly
simple to use, once you get used to it.  I think it should be mandatory for
all diabetics to wear this thing!
  Get a note of necessity from your endo and send it in to your insurance
company.  (That's how I did it)  My insurance company actually covered it
100%!  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
PumpMom to Jessy (age 9, DX 1/02 pumping since 6/02), Julie (age 4, non
diab.) & Trevor (age 2, non diab.)