From: email @ redacted
Date: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 8:20:49 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Low blood sugar at school

> Carla, how quickly did your child's blood sugars stabilize after your
Celiac
> dx's? My daughter was dx'd one year ago and we have been gluten-free, but
> have not seen an improvement in her numbers. She is almost 16 now. Was
dx's
> with D just before she turned 9 and pumping for 3 years now. I'm
suspicious of
> the Celiac dx's. I'm not 100% convinced that she has it. She never
exhibited
> ANY symptoms. In fact, she has been gaining weight steadily since way
before
> last June and continually since. It's so frustrating.
>
> Shellie, Mom to:
> Rachel 8-8-87 dx'd 7-5-96 pumping 5-18-99 Celiac 6-12-02
> Tara 5-4-89 non-D
> Zach 5-24-92 non-D
> Josh 1-19-94 non-D
> Megan 1-20-00 non-D
> Darcy 5-17-01 non-D (yes, I am the last one!)

Shellie,

FYI: My diabetec son (14) was dx with Celiac when he was 3 after 2 1/2
years of searching for an answer to his severe symptoms. He was only dx
with the diabetes two years ago. My 17 year old daughter (non-d) was dx
with Celiac at the age of 10. She had no symptoms and continued to grow,
but it was still important to go gluten-free to avoid later complications.
Also, the gluten-free food's carb amounts are more condensed.

Carol

IMSTP.gif]

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type Image/gif which had a name of
Cream_stripes_cream_border2.gif]