[IPp] Re: Seizure

Sorry to hear about your sons seizure.    Being the mom to a
child who has had way to many seizure in the 10+ years
since diagnosis, I understand how you felt.

You were lucky you caught it before it had advanced to a full
grandmal seizure.   Zach typically screams, stiffens,  and then
goes fully into convulsing and then slips into unconciousness,
when we then administer glucagon.     It's very seldom that
he is caught early enough where he is starting to jerk but
coherent enough to swallow still.     And theres always that
fear that he'd start convulsing with a mouthfull of something
and aspirate it.

The lessons we learn as parents to DMers.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (newly 13,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (newly 7)
Fenton, MO