[IPp] Low blood sugar at school

Hi everyone,

Today at school my six year old son Matthew had a low blood sugar of 53 at
2:30pm, so the school nurse did exactly as she was taught and gave him a juice
 box and suspended his pump for 15 min., when she went to re test him he was 51,
so she gave another juice and kept him suspended, when she went to re test
him again he was 50!  She was freaking out and I just happened to arrive at
 school to pick him up because I drive the school bus for his school, she ran
to tell me.  This has never happened before, he has always responded well to
 the juice box and his sugars always went up after 15 min. So I had her test him
again and he was 49, now I am amazed and I told her to give him something to
eat, well all she had handy was a rice krispy treat with peanut butter, so we
gave that to him and I kept him suspended for another 45 min.  When I tested
him 45 min later he was 82.  I am wondering why he didn't respond as he
 normally does. He had no exercise and it was a typical day at school. This is
 weird and I felt so dumb when the school nurse asked me why this is happening
I didn't have the answer for her.  I told her it was a first for me to
experience this.  Anyone have any thoughts on this??
Sarah  :)    Mom to Matthew (6) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99 and
Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!