Re: [IPp] Our Pump Update (& Questions!)

Animas doesn't "click".  You can barely hear the motor turning while a bolus
is being delivered.  Other than that I don't hear the pump doing anything at
all.  I think the actual cost of pump varries but I have heard that it is
around $5000.  I also think that it depends if your insurance company has a
deal with the pump company.  When I get our insurance papers (should be in
another month or so) they list the costs of everything on there so I will be
able to find out exactly how much it cost our insurance (they covered 100% of
the pump).  With us Animas was the only way.  I have talked with Minimed a
bunch of times and have not had one good customer service call with them.  I
have called Animas a ton of times and had great service every time.  We also
chose Animas because it was the only pump that was waterproof for more than
30 minutes (we spend half the summer in the pool so we needed something
better).  Jacob loves that he can change the color of his pump every day if
he wants to.  Also I know that with the Paradigm you can only buy paradigm
infusion sets because they have a different luer lock.  I think that there
are only a few sets to choose from on the paradigm.  With the Animas pump we
can use whatever kind of set that we want.  We currently use Minimed brand
sets but we order them through Animas.  Like I said before Animas has been
more than wonderful with us.  I have called Minimed at least a dozen times
and not had one good service call.  That to me was enough.  Ok I know that I
talk too much.  HTH