[IPp] Camp fees

My son goes to Camp Needlepoint too and we always apply for a
campership.  This is like a camp scholarship based on financial need.
The money comes from private donations, the Lions Club and I think from
the ADA.  Carl has been to camp for the past three years there and the
most we have had to pay for a one week session was @ $90.00, the rest of
the cost was covered by a campership.  This is the only camp we have
been to and I was surprised to read what some people pay a lot to go to
camp!  Maybe these other camps do have some financial help if you ask;
if not, it would be nice if they did, so all kids can go to camp if they
want.  Also, our local Diabetes support group has offered to help pay a
set amount of the fee depending on how many requests they get.  For
those wanting to send their child to camp an insurance wont cover it,
look around for other support or create your own organization to raise
funds to send your kids to camp.  Best of luck,  Joyce