[IPp] pumping & using lantus too?

steven has been pumping since sept, and we are still having sticking
issues. we have tried everything that has been recommended, including
everything on the list at IP. yesterday, at the pool, his site came out,
even tho it was held in place with mastisol. within 3 hours, he had
large ketones, and was feeling like crap. yes, i gave him an injection
when the site came out, but obviously it wasnt enough.
we spend every day at the beach/pool, and i am going to shoot myself.
i want to givehim lantus for most of his basal, and just let the minimum
basal thru in the pump, and use his pump for bolusing, and to cover his
need for much more insulin at nite.
endo said to try it.... what do you all think?
Sharon, mom to Gabrielle 13 dx 5/98, MDI
and Steven 7 dx 7/00, pumping!!!
Brooklyn, New York
"Where's the #*&$ cure?"