[IPp] pizza question

Been on Novalog for just three days and everything was going fine so we went
for a third day....needed to change at 3pm....261 bg.....then it came down
to 207 for dinner, which I thought was a step in the right direction.....

Made a bad mistake of letting my 7 year old have 2 slices of medium plain
pizza and covered him with 25 carbs for each slice.........(he pulls off all
the cheese and doesn't even it the crust) however wish we never had the
pizza .

2 hours later....347 and then 414 hour later. Gave a shot to bring him
down.... 299 2 hours later.....

I didn't think the Pizza was that much........also thought we covered him
enough to have it.

How much do you guys use to cover pizza? Sort of don't even want to try it
again....but I know there must be a way.........maybe using square wave
bolus or something.
What has been your success with you children with pizza.
Thanks for any help you can offer.