Re: [IPp] Humalog vs. Novalog

Bob, We like humalog!  We tried the novalog that I feel is closer to R because
its life is closer to 5hour than the 3 hours of humalog.  My 10 year old son is
very sensitive to insulin when we tried it, and we did cut the basal amount down
and the bolus amount down, we found that when snacking and bolusing and snacking
and bolusing the way we do sometimes that unless you always reduced the amount of
the next bolus because he had just bolused he would get sever lows about 2 hours
later.     I'm sure because of the longer carry over of the novalog the b.g.s are
great, our were too, and if you were only eating meals and not a snacker, or
always calculating the decreased amount, something I don't want him to constantly
have to be concerned about, it would and does work great, but for us Humalog fits
our snack and run and snack and go life with out all the concern of when did we
last snack and how much should we decrease it this time.  We are all different,
until you try it you wont know, we did and for now humalog work best for us.
Good luck! joyce