[IPp] Re: Wasn't a bad sight

pumpwearinc.com has cool sports packs for boy (and girl) pumpers.  We have
a bunch of  the girls packs (and the american flag pack which is listed
under the boys section) and rotate them depending on the outfit for my
little fashion conscious princess ;-)

Sydney & Krystyna:  age 8, dx T1 1-14-00, pumping 7-23-01

email @ redacted on 06/27/2002 09:30:38 AM

To:    email @ redacted,
       email @ redacted
Subject:    Wasn't a bad sight

It wasn't a bad sight.  We ended up bolusing twice for the high blood sugar
because it had been 2 hours since the last bolus and he still wasn't coming
down.  Then all of a sudden he started dropping really fast.  Before bed I
gave him plenty to eat to keep his blood sugar up but despite that he
in the middle of the night.  Now I am thinking that his night time basal is
too high.  I checked Jacob at 7am and he was 136, at 8am he was 94.  So too
much.  I will be calling the doctor today to get it straightened out.  I am
tired today but it is all still worth it IMO.  Just the look on Jacob's
when he knew that he didn't have to get a shot was all worth it to me.  We
still have to figure out where to put his tubing.  I think that we are
to switch to a pump pack that way when Jacob pees 800 times a day like
we won't have to worry about tucking the tubing back in every time.  There
was something very funny yesterday though.  Jacob takes his shorts off when
he goes number 2 for some reason.  Well, when he did that yesterday he
up getting the tubing between his legs somehow and so he came up to me
complaining about his pump.  I didn't get what he was trying to tell me.
of a sudden he yelled out, "Mom, it's in my butt and it is bugging me."  I
about died laughing right there.

Shanna, Jeremy,
Hunter (b 7-22-00) and
Jacob (b 4-22-97, dx'd 3-2-99, Pumping with Animas 6-26-02)
Don't Wait... Get your A1c Now!

List Members at:

To send a message to the list, e-mail email @ redacted

To unsubscribe from this list, visit:

Type in your e-mail address, click on the "Unsubscribe" button, and click
Submit. You will receive an e-mail confirming that you want to unsubscribe.
This is required to prevent someone else from unsubscribing you. Simply
reply to the e-mail, in plain text or HTML, and you will be removed.