Re: [IPp] Humalog vs. Novalog

email @ redacted wrote:

>My 5 year old started pumping last week. He uses a paradign pump with the
>silhouttes. He is pupming humalog, some of his basals are at 0 and last night
>after two days of use with this sight the insulin crystalized. I've been
>reading this group for about a month and everybody seems to promote the use
>of novalog. Are there any success cases with humalog? Our endo says we could
>use novalog when we started pumping but she never heard of the problems with
>humalog that we hear on this group. It sounds like everybody suggests novalog
>are there any humalog backer out there?
>Bob Nowak
It is all individual.  First thing I would do is to ask your endo to
dilute your Humalog that should take care of clogging (at least it did
for my son).
You  should try Novalog just to see which one works better for your son.
 After two month on Humalog , it took only one week on Novalog to
convince me that for Ben Novalog was better.

Take care,

Wes Maciorowski