[IPp] Humalog to Novalog

JayJay has been getting a lot of 48 hour sites lately, so after so many good
reports from people who switched to Novolog, I called our endo's office. CDE
shot me down cold! She said there was no way that switching insulins would help
with site longevity. She wanted to know where I had gotten such a crazy idea,
and I told her exactly where. She suggested using a different infusion set and
told me to call MM and ask for samples of 9mm quicksets (we've been using the 6
mm QS). Actually she mentioned a few more sets to try if the 9mm doesn't work.
Do any of you guys think that will really help? If so, I'll gladly try it.

I know that if I could have spoken to our endo himself, he would have called in
a prescription for me. HE listens to me, whereas the CDE usually doesn't.  He
also knows that when I've a made a decision regarding my son's care, I won't
quit until somebody gives in. Problem is, it's nearly impossible to speak to
the man himself except in person at an appointment, which isn't for another 6
weeks. UGH!

I also asked her for a prescription for a Freestyle Tracker and she had never
heard of it. I had to tell her what it was and where to look online to find out
about it. She said she would have to look at the website and call her rep
(Thereasense rep, I assume) and see the product firsthand. She would have
to "review" it and let me know. Completely unproductive phone call, and I'm
completely annoyed at the moment.

So, could the 9 mm QS work? If it doesn't, I hate to put JayJay through the
trauma a new kind of set, he just getting used to doing set changes, and I
actually don't need someone else to hold him down any more. Any disruption in
the routine could be very upsetting to him.
Thanks for listening...

Mom to JayJay, age 4, dx'd @ 11 mos, pumping for 2.5 months with "Zero"
Sadie, age 2 and
Alden, 11 mos