Re: [IPp] Switch to Novalog

> We just switched to Novolog and would like to know what goals you
> have for you children's bg numbers. The dr. said 80-180 as a goal
> and about 5 out of 8 times we hit those numbers....however I want to
> know if is resonable to try to work towards the 80-120 goal on my
> active 7 year old or would something like this lead to lows.

LOWS! Kids are more active in a highly variable way than adults, in
addition they do strange things like "growing" etc... that put big
demands on their systems that also mess up insulin requirements.
There's nothing wrong with correcting high's, but you don't want to
get fanatical about them. 80-120 is VERY tight control that would be
difficult to maintain even for the most dedicated adult pumper.