Re: [IPp] Carb Ratios

In a message dated 6/24/2002 10:38:25 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Do most kids have one carb ratio
>  or do they have more?

This is definitely a YMMV (your mileage may vary) sort of thing . . . some
kids (and adults) do and some don't.  My daughter, for example, has two carb
ratios.  She uses a 1:12 carb ratio for breakfast (actually, it's for the
first time she eats after fasting over night whether that's at 7 am or 11 am
-- but if it's really late, say 12:30 pm, then we've found that she doesn't
need to use that carb ratio).  The rest of the time, she uses a 1:20 carb
ratio.  You just have to experiment and go with what works for your child
(and you also might find that what works in the summer isn't the same as what
works after school starts back up . . .)

good luck
Pumpmama to Katie (11)