Re: [IPp] carb counts for slurpees

damn, i'm good !! I guesstimated 55g !! =)

Syd

email @ redacted@insulin-pumpers.org on 06/22/2002 04:52:33 PM

Please respond to email @ redacted

Sent by:    email @ redacted

To:    email @ redacted
cc:
Subject:    Re: [IPp] carb counts for slurpees

According to the  "Doctor's Pocket Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter" Book
(from www.calorieking.com  -- the hany pocket size book I carry in my purse
&
we keep in the glove compartments of both our cars because I has most all
the
fast food restaurants in it, plus all the basic foods, candy, etc.) the
average carb count for all flavors of  Slurpees at 7-11 are as follows:
16 oz. = 50 g CHO
22 oz = 69 g CHO
32 oz = 100 g CHO
44 oz = 138 g CHO
(or about 3.13 g of CHO per ounce of Slurpee)

Our experience has been that these are pretty good estimates to use . . .
Slurpees were one of the first things Katie wanted to splurge on after
getting her pump (and she still lost 8 pound the first month  from not
HAVING
to eat 3 snacks a day and geed those NPH lows).  She hasn't had any for
quite
a while, but now that summer is back in full force I imagine she'll be
asking
for them again quite soon!

Lyndy
Pumpmama to Katie (11, dx @9) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis"