Re: [IPp] carb counts for slurpees

According to the  "Doctor's Pocket Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter" Book
(from www.calorieking.com  -- the hany pocket size book I carry in my purse &
we keep in the glove compartments of both our cars because I has most all the
fast food restaurants in it, plus all the basic foods, candy, etc.) the
average carb count for all flavors of  Slurpees at 7-11 are as follows:
16 oz. = 50 g CHO
22 oz = 69 g CHO
32 oz = 100 g CHO
44 oz = 138 g CHO
(or about 3.13 g of CHO per ounce of Slurpee)

Our experience has been that these are pretty good estimates to use . . .
Slurpees were one of the first things Katie wanted to splurge on after
getting her pump (and she still lost 8 pound the first month  from not HAVING
to eat 3 snacks a day and geed those NPH lows).  She hasn't had any for quite
a while, but now that summer is back in full force I imagine she'll be asking
for them again quite soon!

Pumpmama to Katie (11, dx @9) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis"
since 6-1-01