Re: [IPp] air in the line

First, my qualifier.  We are a new pumper family, still slipping and sliding
through our learning curve.

On our first site change (our wonderful pump trainer came back over to watch
us do it), we encountered those larger gaps of air 30-60 mins after the site
change (pump trainer gone by now), and the rising b.g.s that go with it.  I
thought I bolused them out.  Then they reappeared about 30 minutes after
that.  Looked at the reservoir and saw a bubble the size of a pencil eraser
floating around in there.  On the night of our first site change, I had to
figure out how to change the reservoir without changing the site, because I
couldn't figure out another way to get a bubble-less reservoir.   Did it!
:)

We do see some small champagne-sized bubbles in the line, and as you say, we
don't worry about those.  We are finding that getting the bubbles out of the
reservoir is the most challenging and time-consuming part of the site
change.  I do a combo of slowly pushing the plunger up and down several
times, to get the bubbles out, and some tapping, too.  Ever since that last
time, I have not had a prob with the bubbles...

I hope I helped.
-- Allison
mom to Jeremy, 8, pumping 6/7/02