[IPp] air in the line

Does anyone know the causes of air in the infusion set line and
what can be done to prevent it?  This air causes the insulin not
to be delivered like it is suppose to be delivered.

We have noticed that sometimes there are small "champagne" bubbles
and sometimes there are larger gaps of air.  We have noticed that the
air may form in the line near the top, bottom, or anywhere in between.
If we notice the air we will prime the pump to force the air out of the
We have  been told to set the insulin out a room temp before filling the
pump reservoir so we do this, but we still sometimes end up with
air on a subsequent day.  This is not sometimes we encounter all of
the time, but it happens enough to be frustrating.

Debbie and Steve
Parents of Alex age 7, dx 11/99 pumping MM 508 since 10/01
       and Tyler age 10