From: Allison Leake [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 8:46 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] high #'s after site change

I have noticed about a 100 point spike in Jeremy's numbers in the first hour

or so after a site change.  Fortunately, his numbers do start to come down
with a correction bolus.  Does anyone know what might be causing this,
assuming that the site is good (I know to switch site if he wasn't coming
down with a correction)?  Also, is there anything you have done that
prevents this spike?

Tonight, I tried bolusing him right before site change for a whopping 0.1
unit, which was 30 mins worth of the basal he would be missing for that time

period he was disconnected --  We still have our learning curve going on
here ;)  That didn't seem to help.

He bolused for dinner and his bedtime reading (which is about 2 hours after
dinner) came down from the pre-dinner reading, so I figure that something is

working okay, but he was still just over the high side.

I would appreciate any tips you have on how to counteract this spiking.

Thanks,
Allison