Re: [IPp] Tip: for school bus rides

That is great!  However, from working where I do....I don't even trust a
fellow co worker to transport my children to and from school.  How sad is
Also,  I am one of the very very few in my area of CT that have a child in a
public school system with Diabetes with an IEP.  My son also gets speach and
language so we have an IEP instead of a 504.  I know of a few others in the
same town, that have nothing with the schools....which may be one of the
reasons that the school looked at me like I was nuts at the beginning of the
year requesting one. They said they never had a need to have one before, and
I said....Oh yeah, well there's a need now...my son is in your school and he
will not attend without one.
Half of our drivers don't speak English very well....so I can only imagine
them trying to give a Glucagon injection.  Very very scary!!!  I think I will
keep on driving for awhile. :)
Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.