RE: [IPp] supplies on-the-go

We have a fanny pack that goes everywhere we go. Inside the fanny pack we
have Tarek's meter kit (case with FreeStyle meter, strips, and lancing
device), and a small supply kit (an approxiamately 6x4x2 inch bathroom
supply travel bag that opens up with lots of pockets and elastic holders).

Inside the supply kit we carry:
Glucagon
Extra Strip vial
Extra meter batteries
Extra pump battery
Thingy that helps take the pump battery out
Glucose Gel (Cake Mate)
A few extra lancets
Bag of syringes
2 site changes (Tender w/ tubing)
Tegaderm
IV Prep packets
Unisolve packets
Adapter (DTron)
Roll of glucose tabs

So far we've never had to use anything out of the supply kit, but we are
prepared whether it's just a quick trip to the store, or hours at a ball
game, or out all day for whatever. We don't want to have to come home if we
are out and about.

We normally don't carry extra insulin with us unless we are going out of
town. If for some reason the pump fails, we have syringes and will just use
the insulin in the pump.

--
Allison
Mom to Tarek, age 10, IDDM, dx 11-16-1998