Re: [IPp] supplies on-the-go

> Can you please tell me what you carry your supplies around in, say,
> if you were out running around all day with your child?  Also, which
> particular supplies do you carry with you?
> We previously used the large Dia-Pak type bag, that folds in thirds.
>  I love it, but now I am thinking that I might not need all of that
> stuff with me...
>   I am thinking of down-sizing, but at this point, I am afraid to
>   NOT have
> something with me...  As big as that bag is, it fits in the tote I
> carry, but little else does.  :)  Here's what I take with us:
> Meter, strips, lancet pen, a couple of extra lancets.
> Band-aids, neosporin packets -- gotta have these, trust me.
> Foil-wrapped ketostix and color chart.
> Glucagon, cake gel, glucose tabs in tube.
> Insulin pen and pen needle.
> Extra pump battery -- we use the Paradigm ;)
> Ice pack
> We figure we would do a site change at home, so I won't carry all of
> that with me.
> One pumper mom told me she carries glucose tabs and the meter in her
> purse -- that's all.   I would love to be that lightweight!

My daughter has always carried:
one or two standard insulin syringes
glucose tabs
meter, lancet, strips (in meter carrying case)
sometimes a glucagon kit

When she was younger she carried all this in a small fanny pack
though she did not wear it, just carried it like a purse. When she
started highschool, she switched it all to a purse. All except the
glucagon kit has been used at one time or another -- she ran out of
glucose tabs once so used the gel. Ran out of insulin in her pump and
used the standard syringe to draw insulin out of the pump syringe
leur lock to give herself an injection, and has used the "add air to
pump syringe" techinque to get a few hours of more out of an empty
pump so she didn't have to come home to get more insulin.