>>>We put down IV3000,
>>>shoot through the tape (we
>>>will do this until we get a bent cannula, or until
>>>I can figure out how to
>>>aim well through a small cutout hole while using
>>>the inserter),

What we do is we fold the IV3000 in half and use either the plug or the
old infusion set as a guide.  We place the end of the old site on the fold
to where only half of it is on the tape, then cut around it.  We swab the
site with the sticky prep alcohol pad, insert with the inserter, take the
needle out and paper off the set.  THEN we use the IV3000 tape.  We use the
quicksets now instead of sils, so I have to disconnect for a second or two,
place the tape on (once unfolded, the hole fits perfectly over the infusion
site), then reconnect.  This works really well for us, but Im thinking of
trying the skin bond everyone has been mentioning, instead of using the
tape.  The tape sometimes does try to roll up a little when she swims all

What Im not understanding is the purpose of shooting through the tape.  I
thought the tape was to hold the set down?  But by doing this, the set is on
top of the tape, right?  Are you using the sandwich method and putting
another tape on top?  And is this because the set is sticking better to the
tape instead of his/her skin??

Angela, mom to Ashley, 4 (dxd 1/01) & Kristina, 19 mo.